AIM ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
Create • Build • Win
What is AIM?
AIM is the not-for-profit trade body, owned by its members, that exists to help and support the UK’s powerful independent music community, which makes up over a quarter of the recorded music market. We exist to level the playing field for UK independent music businesses – the beating heart of music. No matter their genre, their background, how much money they have, how they identify or their age, we think everyone should have access to the knowledge and contacts they need to create, grow and win. Everyone working at an AIM member business are members themselves. And not only do we support our members through the difficult times but also in practical ways that make a real difference to their daily lives and work, helping them take their businesses to the next level.
What is Associate Membership?
A new, FREE tier of membership launched in BETA to level the playing field by offering FREE access to knowledge and networks to everyone releasing music via an independent AIM Distributor Member.
If you are a part of the independent music community, we are here to support you.
What does AIM do for Associate members?
If you are a self-releasing artist, label, manager, entrepreneur, or business that releases music AIM will help you to navigate the ever-changing music industry. We provide our members with opportunities to make money, save money, develop a deeper understanding of the business and of deal structures, access to distributors and Digital Service Providers (DSPs), networking opportunities and much more. Membership enables you to innovate, do better business and break into new areas.
Ultimately our role is to support and promote the independent music sector. So, a win for you is a win for us.
Access to knowledge
Learn the rules of the game so you can play to win with Resources, ‘Tip Sheets’, webinars and more to help you set up your business, grow your business, maximise income, gain a better understanding of the industry and supply chain and how to strike the right deals
Access to people
Networking opportunities, conferences and events to connect you with key experts, markets and potential business partners
Access to platforms
Exclusive access to the world’s biggest digital platforms via the AIM Platform Gateway
Become an AIM Associate to:
- Maximise the potential earning in your rights ownership
- Get discounts from key service providers
- Generate new and alternative revenue streams
- Get access to international markets
- Get access to AIM conferences and events – Future Independents for emerging music, the high level AIM Connected, AIM Sync (the global deal making event to get your music on TV, film, ads and games) and AIM Academy 101s and masterclasses around key business areas.
Already an Associate Member? Login here
How do you activate your FREE Associate Membership?
The Associate Knowledge Base is currently in Beta, constantly evolving and improving thanks to Secretly Distribution and EmuBands' involvement in testing the service. If you go through one of the following AIM Distributor Members, ask them about your FREE Associate Membership.
We will be rolling out AIM Associate Membership across our network of Distributors over the next few months.
Upgrade to full Rightsholder Membership for:
- Specialist support from the AIM team
- More Resources, Opportunities, Discounts and deeper access to key platforms
- Unlimited number of logins for staff to develop their skills and knowledge
- Radio producer contact lists (BBC Radio 1, 1 Xtra, XFM, Virgin, BBC Music Introducing)
- A way to release your live performances on the BBC - With the Exclusive AIM x BBC Deal - if you or an artist you work with has performed live on a BBC platform you can release that audio/visual footage with no advance fee – more content for the streaming platforms or for marketing and promo on socials. multiple ways to generate income or increase visibility of a campaign. You won’t find this anywhere else
- Free digital anti-piracy service - developed by anti-piracy specialists MUSO, that enables them to monitor their own content and automatically have pirated and unlicensed content removed from the Internet, giving them far more control of where their content appears online
- A way to feed into AIM’s agenda and strategy through the AIM Board, Digital Committee, Small Label Committee, Climate Action Group, Equality and Diversity Action Group and interest groups to connect and share knowledge – Finance and Royalties, Legal, Marketing, International and more
- Free AIM Independent Music Awards submissions for all categories.
Who are AIM’s members?
Self-releasing artist, managers, production companies, independent labels, music entrepreneurs and anyone who is a rights holder releasing music without a major label can become a member of AIM. Now in its 22nd year, AIM’s members range from the largest, most respected record labels and associated music businesses in the world to DIY or self-releasing artists and the next generation of entrepreneurs in music - including 4AD, Black Acre, CTRL Music, Dirty Hit, Domino Recording Co, Hospital Records, Killing Moon Group, FAMM, Ninja Tune, Numbers, Transgressive, Secretly Canadian, Supernature, Warp, and XL Recordings.
AIM also shines a light on our powerful community with the annual AIM Independent Music Awards. Previous winners include Arlo Parks, Dave, Jazz re:freshed, Little Simz, Partisan Records, Ninja Tune, Scruff of the Neck and The xx. Lock into the immersive online experience on August 25th 2021!